Manager, current projects
Manager, completed projects
Member, current projects
Member, completed projects
Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Middle East, youth, refugees, living conditions, household surveys and perception polls
Pedersen, J. & Tiltnes, Å. A. (2017). Youth in the southern and eastern Mediterranean: between informality and precariousness. The Middle East in London, 3(3).
Tiltnes, Å. A. (2012). Palestinsk ungdom deltar ikke i den arabiske våren. Velferd, 1.
Hanafi, S. & Tiltnes, Å. A. (2009). Discrimination of Palestinian Professionals in Lebanon. Journal of Palestine Studies [in Arabic], 77 (Winter), 1-18.
Tiltnes, Å. A. (2009). Resignasjon men fortsatt forhandlingsvilje i Gaza. Babylon, 2.
Tiltnes, Å. A. (2008). Palestinske flyktningers kår i Libanon etter Nahr al-Bared. Babylon, 1, 116-125.
Hanafi, S. & Tiltnes, Å. A. (2008). The Employability of Palestinian Professionals in Lebanon: Constraints and Transgression. Knowledge, Work and Society, 5(1), 127-150.
Tiltnes, Å. A. (1998). New head of state in Jordan: The major challenges facing King Abdullah. [in Norwegian]. Tidskrift för mellanösternstudier, 2, 22-46.
Åge A. Tiltnes and Huafeng ZhangSummary of findings from two surveys, 2011Fafo-report 2014:47
Mona Christophersen, Cathrine Moe Thorleifsson and Åge A. TiltnesFafo-report 2013:48
Åge A. Tiltnes and Huafeng ZhangInsights into the socio-economic conditions of Palestinian refugees in JordanFafo-report 2013:42
Mona Christophersen, Jacob Høigilt and Åge A. TiltnesFafo-report 2012:09 / NOREF report
Åge A. TiltnesA Brief on The Living Conditions of Palestinian Refugees in SyriaFafo-report 2007:13
Åge A. Tiltnes (ed.)Fafo-report 514
Åge A. TiltnesA Brief on the Living Conditions of Palestinian Refugees in LebanonFafo-report 464
Marwan Khawaja and Åge A. Tiltnes (eds.)Fafo-report 357
Jon Hanssen-Bauer, Jon Pedersen and Åge A. Tiltnes (eds)Living Conditions in the Hashemite Kingdom of JordanFafo-report 253
Huafeng Zhang, Åge A. Tiltnes and Hani EldadaResults from a sample survey of Palestinian refugees residing outside the campsFafo-paper 2014:18
Huafeng Zhang, Åge A. Tiltnes and Hani EldadaResults from a sample survey of the 13 Palestinian refugee campsFafo-paper 2014:17
Huafeng Zhang, Åge A. Tiltnes and Hani EldadaResults from interviews with all refugee households in the 13 Palestinian refugee campsFafo-paper 2014:16
Mona Christophersen, Jing Liu, Cathrine Moe Thorleifsson and Åge A. TiltnesResults from a national opinion poll implemented 15–21 May, 2013Fafo-paper 2013:13
Morten Bøås, Hedda Flatø, Anne Hatløy, Jon Pedersen and Åge TiltnesFafo-paper 2011:17
Morten Bøås, Hedda Flatø, Anne Hatløy, Jon Pedersen and Åge A. TiltnesPre-election and post-election polling in fragile and precarious situationsFafo-paper 2011:15
Åge A. Tiltnes, Jon Pedersen, Silje Sønsterudbråten, Jing LiuSynthesis of Results of Fafo's Opinion Polls in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, 2005–2011Fafo-paper 2011:09
Åge A. Tiltnes, Jon Pedersen, Silje Sønsterudbråten, Jing LiuSynthesis of Results of Fafo's Opinion Polls in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, 2005–2011Fafo-paper 2011:08
Jing Liu and Åge A. TiltnesSurveying Palestinian Opinion. Results from an opinion poll in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip February and May 2010Fafo-paper 2010:15
Jing Liu and Åge A. TiltnesFafo-paper 2010:14
Jing Liu and Åge A. TiltnesFafo-paper 2010:13
Åge A. Tiltnesduring and after Israel’s military campaign in the winter of 2008/2009. Evidence from interviews with 2,000 householdsFafo-paper 2009:18
Åge A. TiltnesResults from the August 2007 Survey of 999 Families. A Report to UNRWA and ILOFafo-paper 2008:02
Åge A. TiltnesBased on the 2006 Labour Force Survey among Palestinian Refugees in LebanonFafo-paper 2007:16
Åge Arild TiltnesResults from a Household Survey in Nablus and Gaza CityFafo-paper 1998:17
- Tiltnes, Å. A. (2000). Chronic illness in the Palestinian refugee camp population of Jordan: Results from a 1999 household survey. Paper written for the Department of Palestinian Affairs.
- Tiltnes, Å. A. (1999). Poverty and welfare in the Palestinian refugee camps of Jordan: Portrait of living conditions based on a household survey. Paper presented at the CERMOC symposium "The Palestinian Refugees and UNRWA in Jordan, the West Bank and Gaza", Dead See, Jordan.
- Tiltnes, Å. A. (1997). Jordanian women's participation in public and political life. Paper presented at the conference "Women and Political Participation in the Arab World", Amman.
- Tiltnes, Å. A. & Magembe, E. (2002), Housing Situation and Housing Needs Assessment in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Report to UN-HABITAT, Nairobi.
- Tiltnes, Å. A. et al. (2002). Magnitude and Characteristics of Working Children in Syria. A Report to UNICEF, Syria, Based on a National Household Survey.